I have designed these writing prompts for people like me who have the bare bones of a story or character and just need to get to know them better. Every week I will publish five more prompts that will help you see your character and novel in a new light.
6. How did your character respond to their first kiss?
7. What is your character wearing right now, and why?
8. How would your character respond if suddenly a man wielding a large knife confronted them on a quiet street?
9. What is the biggest lie your character has ever told? Why did they do it? Do they regret it?
10. What does your character’s younger sister/brother think about them? Write a story about your character from the perspective of their sibling (or friend or neighbour).