I have designed these writing prompts for people like me who have the bare bones of a story or character and just need to get to know them better. Every week I will publish five more prompts that will help you see your character and novel in a new light.
11. Where does your character live? Describe their home.
12. Write a letter from the school principal to your character’s parents explaining something good/bad your character did as a child, that shows a hidden side of them.
13. If your character could only save three items from a house fire that would destroy everything they owned, what would they be?
14. Tell the story of the time your character realised their favourite grandparent was going to die.
15. Tell a story about the time your character accidentally killed a baby kitten.