I have designed these writing prompts for people like me who have the bare bones of a story or character and just need to get to know them better. Every week I will publish five more prompts that will help you see your character and novel in a new light.
16. Write a scene where your character goes into their favourite café/restaurant/diner and wants to be left alone, but the waiter/waitress keeps asking questions.
17. Describe your character’s favourite meal. Where are they? What are they eating? Who are they with?
18. What did your character’s childhood bedroom look like?
19. Is your character religious? Write a scene where they are invited to attend a service (at a mosque, church, temple etc). How do they feel?
20. How would your character paint a wall?