I have designed these writing prompts for people like me who have the bare bones of a story or character and just need to get to know them better. Every week I will publish five more prompts that will help you see your character and novel in a new light.
21. If your character had a pet, what would it be?
22. Write the transcript of an interview between yourself and a famous chat show host after your book has been published and is a world-wide success. What questions do they ask? How do you talk about the process of writing your novel?
23. Write a scene where your character gets into trouble for something they didn’t do. How do they react? Can they talk their way out of it?
24. What did your character want to be when they grew up? Did they achieve that?
25. Which actor would you want to play your character and why?