I have designed these writing prompts for people like me who have the bare bones of a story or character and just need to get to know them better. Every week I will publish five more prompts that will help you see your character and novel in a new light.
36. Write a scene where your character is standing naked in front of a mirror.
37. Send your character to an event (a party or meeting) that they don’t want to go to.
38. Write a conversation between your character as yourself as the author, and they ask you questions about why you are writing the story the way you are. Does talking to your character change the way your feel about them?
39. What was your character’s favourite subject at school? Why?
40. Write a scene where your character sees someone they have a crush on.